Title: Internal Audit Consultant Internship
You’re doing well in school. You love the thrill of creating organization out of chaos. You’re really into business and have overcome the odds to get this far. Now, you need your next challenge, and it needs to be BIG!
In the modern world, it doesn’t get much bigger than internal audit (IA) and contract compliance!
We provide companies with the guidance they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively, and improve performance. These services include compliance, consulting services, information technology solutions, software development, and business intelligence, to name a few. An internship with us could lead you to the biggest challenge of your career!
Zeevo brings experts with real-world industry experience to each client project. We deliver proven results! By leveraging finance, technology, and operational expertise and using tested and proven program and project management techniques, we help our clients move forward and stay at the forefront of the industry.
Working in a dynamic, global environment, the IA Consultant Intern will be vital to the Internal Audit/Internal Controls team’s support. We need a superstar. The IA Consultant Intern will be part of a dynamic team working to establish a strong internal controls foundation while promoting Zeevo’s high standards.
As an IA / Compliance Consultant Intern, you will create, review, and analyze data and information related to business processes and general computer controls.
The IA / Compliance Consultant Intern will lead or contribute to one or more projects in the following areas:
- Work with process and control owners to create and update process documentation, flowcharts, and process risk assessments
- Coordinate and track internal and external control testing progress and identify control gaps and remediation efforts
- Ensure internal controls over financial reporting are sound and effective to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”)
- Assist in the execution of IA assessment programs by providing thorough and reliable identification of in-scope accounts and locations and planning, testing, documenting, and reporting of the effectiveness of financial reporting for delivery to senior management and external committees
- Establish SOX compliance and ensure implementation of the assessment
- Develop and execute control and compliance initiatives, risk management approaches, and operational efficiencies
- Ensure IA objectives, deliverables and timelines are met and develop recommendations to correct control deficiencies and provide ideas for process improvements
- Proactively identify and monitor process and system changes that have a direct impact on a company’s financial statements and related disclosures
- Willing to learn and become a knowledge champion of Zeevo’s business and services
- Other responsibilities as needed
Skills & Experience
- Ability to respond effectively and quickly to clients’ needs and issues
- Ability and desire to work within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Strong client service and time management and project delivery skills
- Strategic thinker and strong analytical skills
- Must have a solid track record in business and excellent people skills
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and present highly professional, effective presentations for both business and technical audiences
- Highly skilled in PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Ability to learn quickly
- Simplicity enthusiast/problem solver (find the simplest solution to a problem)
- Greater good / no jerks (what’s best for the team, not for personal gain)
- Sense of humor (the glue that keeps us working together harmoniously)
- Humble & open-minded (always open to new ideas and approaches)
- Client-centric (loves to help clients and others)
- Self-directed & dependable (trusted to provide what is needed without being managed)
Master’s degree preferred, but open to undergraduate students who can demonstrate strong interest in what we do.
Why Work for Zeevo Group
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, the opportunities available to you at Zeevo will help you realize your career aspirations.
Zeevo is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Please note this job description is not comprehensive of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.